CCCHD meetings are in Warren the first Tuesday of every month from 6-8 pm. Happy New Year. CCCHD (Columbia County Citizens for Human Dignity) is asking supporters to consider a more active role in building local justice in 2010. We need you! And we are fun. If you might be interested in signing on for any of our fun filled, pro-community, pro-justice work in 2010, below are outlined some of the main projects for the year. Please consider what questions you have and if you can make any small or large commitments. We can also set up a time to talk with you via phone or over coffee. We look very forward to hearing back. On behalf of the CCCHD Leadership Team – warmly, Marcy (503 543-3647)
Maintaining a Year Round Demonstration Garden for how to feed a family of 4: we need volunteer
- workers – who commit to completing specific one time or ongoing tasks,
- folks to join the Leadership Team that meets quarterly,
- donations of garden materials (manure, tools, plants/seeds etc)
- speakers and tour guides - especially for the school kids.
Coordinating an annual Gala Dinner that raises funds to re-grant to the community and to maintain CCCHD while promoting good eating, local community and justice. In 2010 we will move the Gala Dinner date from the winter to late September to allow all of the five course meal to be prepared with locally grown food presented in an outdoors setting. Fun! We need volunteers to:
- Coordinate food growers,
- grow/can/freeze menu items,
- prep food the week of (late September)
- join Decorating Team,
- join Communications Team,
- sell tickets for your own table
- be a worker who commits to completing specific one time or ongoing tasks
If you see a role for yourself please email Gala Leads or firstname.lastname@example.org
Building towards passage of 2012 laws in Oregon that allow Freedom to Marry for all Oregonians. We need workers to make sure that the Columbia County team joins with others across the state to build consensus. Can you:
- Join the Leadership Team to keep the project moving forward
Building the Intercambio Language Exchange that matches English speakers with immigrant learners usually new to the community. Support and guidance offered. Many new friendships guaranteed! We need volunteers to:
- regularly tutor (one 2 hour shift/week time of your choice or join the group time slots)
- substitute tutor (fill in as needed)
- join the coordinating team
Ongoing Civic Engagement on pending policy issues to insure community education, monitoring proactive and reactive opportunities to address issues of the day is an ongoing and primary role of the organizations – the CCCHD Leadership Team aka Board guides these program activities. To have the infrastructure to communicate regularly with supporters and the public we need a range of behind the scenes volunteers to main the data base, website, books contact us to explore helping out.
CCCHD is currently recruiting for Board Members. The Board meets monthly and while meetings are open to all members/supporters it is the expectation that Board Members will make every effort to attend each meeting. Currently they happen the first Tuesday of every month from 6-8 pm. We have a track record for getting our business done in a timely yet fun manner. Interested in any or all of the above? Contact Marcy@rop.org or call me at 503 543-3647.